Exciting news! VSF-Suisse is part of a coalition advocating for a UN mechanism: A newly created UN working group will monitor and promote farmers’ human rights. Learn more about our efforts!
Healthy Animals - Healthy People - Healthy EnvironmentWe improve the well-being and resilience of vulnerable populations by promoting the health and productivity of their livestock within a sustainable environment.
What we do
VSF-Suisse fights hunger and poverty in East and West Africa. We work especially for and with people who depend on animals for their livelihood. Our actions lead to improved nutrition and food security. Additionally, they generate income that gives people improved access to health services and education and thus offer ways out of poverty.
Our year 2022 in numbers (selection)
- 50 projects in 7 countries
- 156,102 vulnerable people supported during emergencies
- 3,350 households provided with improved access to safe water supplies
- 2,026,391 livestock treated and vaccinated
- 86,015 livestock keepers provided with animal health services
- 5,580 people trained in areas like animal health, food production and hygiene, livestock farming and marketing practices
- 40,154 people reached through community dialogues on One Health, the prevention of zoonoses and antimicrobial resistance, food safety, health and nutrition
- 540 tons of livestock feed distributed in emergencies
- 5 fodder stores, 4 milk kiosks, and 8 handwashing facilities constructed
- 4 livestock cooperatives supported, 33 dairy cooperatives founded
- 3 pastoral perimeters identified and prepared for fodder production
- 1,260,227 liters of milk processed
Where we operate
How you can help
As a ZEWO-certified humanitarian organisation, Vétérinaires Sans Frontières Suisse guarantees the conscientious and purposeful use of your donations.
Become a member
Become a Sponsor
With a corporate sponsorship for VSF-Suisse you make a statement about sustainability and responsibility We would be very happy to find the right model for your corporate sponsorship!
From 2025, more funds from international cooperation were supposed to flow to...
What is your name, academic title, age, and where are you from? My name is Adolphe Sama...
What's your name, how old are you and where are you from? My name is Vincent Hug, I'm 41...
The partners of the project Rights-based and Agroecological Initiatives for...
Today, exactly 78 years ago, on October 16, 1945, the Food and Agriculture Organization...
September 2023 - The cooperative Ognidon of the canton of Goubi includes about 20...
VSF-Suisse invites sealed tenders from eligible candidates for provision of the...
What is your name, age, and where are you from/did you grow up? I am George Kinuthia, 72...
Pictured: Nicole Litschgi and Flurina Derungs in Conversation. In her twelve years at...
Your donation saves lives
Your support helps people and animals live and survive. THANK YOU!